Monday, September 17, 2012

Stambaugh Christmas Sausage Recipe


from Mary Ann


Don't know if I sent you this recipe or not.  It was my grandpa Roberg's recipe.  He was a butcher in Stambaugh.  After he passed away, my dad gave the recipe to the Baker brothers who were good friends of my dad.  They made and sold it for years.
 
Getting ready to make Christmas Sausage. Many great Stambo memories around Baker's Store Christmas Sausage. Give it a try.

Baker's Store Christmas Sausage Recipe: Makes 25#

8# 80% lean pork (ground)
8# 50% pork (ground)
8# Ground beef (not too lean)
1.75 qt. water (7 cups)
1/2 cup Red wine
1/2 oz. salt
1.5 oz. Allspice
3/4 oz. Pepper
.2 oz. (pinch) Cloves
1/2 oz. Nutmeg

Mix everything in tub (mix well). Stuff in beef casings cut approx. 18". Tie like ring bologna.
To cook: Boil 45 min.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful, Mary Ann! I am tempted to try this. Maybe I can find a sausage stuffer attachment for my new/old Oster Kitchen Center.

    ReplyDelete