Friday, June 22, 2012

Lots and Lots of Photos to Share


Most of these are from Cathy -- a note sent to or from Homestead to "Mrs. Oscar Lundwall," December 19, 1908 asking "Please pay these bills which I owe." and signed "Mr. Oscar Lundwall." First item listed is "buggy" for $10. Wonder if this was for a baby buggy for Aunt Nancy. Last item listed is "Boose" for .75. Total of $37.00 and wages to be paid from North Western Rail Road Company of $65.50, which left $28.50. Handwriting is beautiful!

An example of a 1908 baby buggy payment (not from our family though) can be found here:



This is a photo from Michigamme.
Janet, Violet, Alice and Margaret
Next come photos in Palmer

Violet, Janet and Alice.


Kenneth, Alice, Doris and Ward in back;
Janet and Marlin in front
 


Early photo of Doris and Dave.

Ward and Margaret before they were married.
Nancy, Doris, Grandma, Margaret and Violet.
Margaret & Violet in Chicago

4 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying this blog, Aunt Nancy. Dad sent me an email with a link. It's great to see a bunch of pictures that I've never seen before & to read stories about my ancestors.

    Love,
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Andrew!

      I was just wondering which sibling of the Lundwall family you belong to. I am Doris's oldest grandchild and I live in Iron River.
      Looking forward to meeting you!

      Debra (DeVowe) Rankin

      Delete
  2. I'm guessing this is Nancy Adele's nephew, so Andrew would be Ward's grandson, Doug's son. Am I right, Andrew?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Andrew is Doug's oldest son. He lives in New York City, and unfortunately won't be able to be with us for the reunion. I am hoping that the blog will bring our large extended family closer together though so they know something about each of us.

    ReplyDelete