Thursday, June 21, 2012

Palmer Memories

Davey’s Memories

Davey DeVowe about 2 years old.

Vaguely remember riding on the train. Was told by my mom & dad that Grandma & Grandpa put me on the train by myself and my mom and dad picked me up in TC. Conductor must have watched over me.

Chicken coop was across the road from the house and I used to like to feed the chickens. One chicken seemed to be my pet and would eat of of my hand.

Vaguely remember Grandpa having a big garden with a barrel of manure water that he used to water the plants.

Grandpa in his element.

Several of my aunts/uncles would go across the road, up on the hill and have a fire and cook potatoes in the coals. I think there was salt & pepper and I know butter and they were the best I had ever tasted. I particularly remember Aunt Janet there.

Davey

The next two are of Aunt Janet with Davey and Nancy Adele.

in Negaunee. On the hill in Palmer. More from Davey later in regard to Trout Creek Memories

No comments:

Post a Comment