Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Photos from Michigamme UPDATE

The only photos I was able to find from Michigamme included this one.

On the far left is Albert Treado, one of Nancy's early boyfriends and lifelong friend, who also became the Principal at Kingsford High School for many years, including the two years I was there.

On the far left, down in front, is Stanley Holman who later became a dentist in Marquette. For many years, if my dad had concerns about my teeth, or to see if the dentist who was treating me was any good, we made a trip to Marquette to ask "Dr. Stan." Norene probably went to see Dr. Stan as well.

This is a typical class room in the area schools.

This is the Michigamme High School where Nancy, Ward and Doris went to school.

Nancy was first to graduate from Michigamme High School.

Doris' graduation from high school.

Margaret graduated the spring after the family moved to Palmer. Please see Cathy's comment!

From left to right Kenneth, Alice, Doris, Ward, with Janet and Marlin in front.

Nancy and Ray on their way back to Flint, Michigan. Porch in Michigamme. And finally two other photos I've missed and would like to share.

Another wedding photo of Oscar and Teckla.

Hazel, Nancy and Ward, with Doris in chair. Photo taken in Caspian.

4 comments:

  1. My mother, Margaret, graduated from Michigamme High School. The family moved right before her senior year, so she stayed on as a live-in housekeeper with another family, who apparently took full advantage of her and worked her very hard. My mother told us the story of her graduation. Grandma and Grandpa came up for the event, and the lady offered that my mom could stay longer, to which Grandma emphatically stated, "Margaret is coming home with us TONIGHT!"

    Cousin Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, if you have your mom's graduation photo, can you email it to me and I will add it to this post. Thanks for the story. I hadn't heard this before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for adding my mom's picture in with the rest of the Michigamme graduates. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for emailing it -- it's a beautiful photo!

      Delete