Sunday, July 1, 2012

Today we were given a gift!


As some of you know, when I made the Lundwall DVD, that was 3 iMacs ago and the DVD would no longer work on the Mac OS X operating system. In addition, all of the photos used for the DVD were stored on an external hard drive -- and the hard drive died. I was heartsick because many of these came from Aunt Nan's photo album that Ruth Ann owns and she was nice enough to borrow it to me quite a few years ago, and it was time-consuming work at the time to scan in and work with the photos. I picked and chose many of these photos to include in the DVD (but not all of them).

My oldest son, Bob, took the DVD and he has had it for several weeks -- he has been working long hours in the heat here in the Twin Cities, and as much overtime as he can, as he works on bridge construction and is laid off during the winter.

ANYWAY, today he walked in the back door and handed me an updated copy of the DVD, and a CD with all the original scans, and all the cropped scans I used in the dvd, AND a DVD that he tells me contains everything -- the updated DVD, along with each and every photo. I've only checked out the CD so far.

I will probably work on this for the next two days to see just how much I can share of this!

Remember, you can click on the photo to increase the photo to screen size.


Most of these are Homestead Photos

The page of names are from Louisa's Bible -- removed from the Bible I now own.

Teckla is the one on the right in the oval -- others may be classmates?
Couple is Edith and Emil Ekquist?
Not sure who the baby is -- too small to tell


The one above and below are Wedding photos


Photos of young Teckla and two of young Oscar, Teckla at about 10 next to the wedding photo. The photo of the woman to the right of and below Oscar may be his mother Margareta. Top right is the entire Lundwall family.



These are Homestead photos. Too small for me to identify here.

I will identify these after I take them apart -- probably sometime in September!


Photos from 1908 to 1916





3 photos on the left were taken in 1958 at Aunt Janet's.
The photo on the bottom right looks like Margaret with short hair and big grin in the middle, and  probably includes Violet and Doris as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment