Saturday, July 14, 2012

Where do we go from here?


I didn't take any photos at the reunion -- thinking that there were plenty of people with cameras taking photos and that they would be willing to share them. There must have been at least 10-12 people taking pictures.

So far, nobody has sent any of the reunion photos. Digital photos don't take a lot of monkey business -- you upload them to your computer and email them, and the photos can be uploaded to the blog immediately.

We have approximately 30 to 40 pageviews a day so it looks like there is still interest out there, but few are commenting on what they might like, what they remember, what's important to them, what they would like to see, or adding ideas for where we go from here. There are 49 posts with 39 comments, with 1,633 visits altogether during the month the blog has been up and running.

I have lots of old photos to add and return to those who gave them to me (Davey, Marlin, along with more of my own -- others have said they would send more of theirs), but I'm not sure how to sort them or classify them -- do I still sort them by family? Do I sort them by time period? Do you want to see groups of relatives?   Maybe you are tired of photos..... any ideas at all?

Should I send out requests for certain things and then combine any responses? For instance, favorite family recipes, more Trout Creek memories, memories of one uncle or aunt each week, or cousins? Favorite places in the Upper Peninsula? Tell us about your family, what are you interested in now, what  are your hobbies?

With no comments, no more stories shared, some more old photos but no new photos, where do we go from here? Are you willing to participate?

What's next? Or should we put an end to it? I really am in a quandary here and I do need some kind of input......

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking for photos too!! I came all the way from Moses Lake, Washington with my camera in hand and was so caught up in visiting...I didn't take a single photo until I was saying goodbye to my Auntie Susie and Auntie Ruth Ann. I'll upload that pic soon!
    I have always loved coming back to Michigan to visit family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roger and Karen are at Norene's tonight, and we had dinner and sat and talked and talked and talked. They have had a wonderful time visiting first with Susie, and then with Janet and Jim. They have promised to send photos as soon as they get back to their computer.....

    ReplyDelete