Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Just Some Family News

I wrote to Jay and Betty that I was doing much better because of pool therapy, and had a wonderful telephone call from Jay yesterday.

Jay too is having pool therapy, and he was down to see Madilene recently and she walks in a pool three times a week as well. Jay loves it as do I -- when we had our reunion, I was in the pool every morning for over an hour and discovered that I felt so much better for the rest of the day. On the two weekdays, first thing in the morning there were two physical therapists with clients in the pool at the motel -- probably the only heated pool in Iron River.

I came back and asked for a referral for pool therapy from my doctor and was able to get 7 weeks of pool therapy. Then Riana and I became volunteers at Courage Center here in the cities, so we've been in the heated pool each week. We work with people who live in group homes and have disabilities of one sort or another. Riana has enjoyed it so much, we will be doing two sessions a week after the first of the year.

In 2013, I will have a Silver Sneakers membership, and will be in the pool at least 4 times a week and I am looking forward to it.

Jay said that overall they are all doing well. They celebrated Christmas early because Jason has to work over the Christmas holidays and his whole family was together, including Marlin. Marlin was with them for several days and he is doing well too. Marlin is still hunting, and doing all the things that he loves to do. All the men are still playing in cribbage tournaments. Not too long ago, Jay and Terry won first prize.

It's so nice to get family news when we are all so far apart. Years ago, our families were writing "round robin" letters so everybody could keep up with each other. If you would like to share family news, I'm sure we would all be happy. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment