Monday, April 29, 2013

The Missing Bible Page

When Loraine Krans Larson visited Norene and me last week, she said it was too bad there wasn't much information in the Swedish Bible of Louisa's she had given me when she visited last year.

I told her that when Nancy gave the Bible to Audrey Krans Carlson, she first removed the page of "Births" from the Bible, and put it in her family photo album that went to Ruth Ann when Nancy went to the Medicare facility.

Ruth Ann was nice enough to borrow me the album which I used to put together the Lundwall Family DVD, and I had all the photos saved on an external hard drive when an older Mac computer went to one of my adult kids. He got rid of anything he didn't want on the computer as all my "good stuff" was saved on the external hard drive. When I went looking for the dvd to make some copies for one of our cousins -- guess what -- the hard drive was toast.

My son Bob was able to copy one of the dvd's for that cousin; but it wasn't until last week that I asked him if he could make a couple more copies and download the photos for me from Nancy's album. He kindly did that and I now have all the photos in my possession again. The album went back to Ruth Ann several years ago.



As it got to the end of the page, the writing got smaller and smaller and smaller. Marlin's birth is barely on the page!

Notice also that the births listed in Louisa's beautiful writing have the last name written as "Ekekvist" with the Swedish spelling.

You can make the photo of this page larger by clicking on it. 

The Bible probably stayed with Teckla since Louisa lived with the family from Teckla's marriage to Oscar until after Marlin was born.

I'm going to attempt to put all of Nancy's photos up in the next couple of weeks so you can copy what you want from these. There are a lot of photos, however! We'll see how this goes.

And finally, Norene's first session of chemotherapy went well today.

No comments:

Post a Comment